- Facilitates quick, efficient removal of necrotic tissue, bacteria and foreign material.
- Provides gentle pressure optimal for wound management
- Tips Designed for Optimal Wound Care
Clean wounds promote more rapid wound healing
- The consequences of pressure sores, diabetic ulcers, and surgical site infections have an enormous impact on patient morbidity, mortality, and health care costs in addition to all the pain and suffering they cause.
- The impact of diabetic ulcers is especially severe. Non-healing diabetic ulcers, behind infection and gangrene, are the third most frequently cited criteria for limb amputation.
- There is a continuing need to focus on wound management and the enhancement of rapid healing. OrthoPulse Soft Tissue offer a number of features which can aid in successful wound management.
- OrthoPulse Soft Tissue uses pulsed jets of irrigation and simultaneously provides suction to debride a wound. This action helps to reduce the risk of infection while providing a foundation for wound healing. For use in wound management the Soft Tissue disposables sets are designed to provide a gentle but yet extremely efficient pulsating flow of saline. The benefits of Ortho-Pulse Soft Tissue include loosening of wound debris within a wound, reducing wound bacteria counts and debriding a wound bed.
Types of sites for the OrthoPulse Soft Tissue
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Deep wounds
- Dirty wounds
- Chronic wounds
- Infected wounds
- Multiple wounds
- Necrotic tissue